Co-Op Market Assistant Manager
The co-op is looking to hiring a talented individual to serve as one of our co-op assistant managers. To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com or P.O. Box 313 by October 24, 2017.
The co-op assistant manager:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the co-op market
- Serves as the face of the co-op for members and customers
- Operates the cash register/point of sale system
- Coordinates volunteer shifts and assign tasks to volunteers as necessary
- Manages product and storefront display
- Minimizes shrinkage of perishable product by working to adjust supply and demand
- Publicizes the market through press releases, social media posts, website updates, and radio interviews
- Contacts members by telephone and email to solicit membership renewals and promote upcoming meetings and events
- Is a dues-paid member of the Food Co-Op of Indiana PA
- Pay rate: $9/hour
- Hours/week: Between 10 and 25 hours per week
- Start date: Between October 28 and November 15, 2017
- Qualifications: Excellent people skills, attention to detail, and friendly, welcoming personality. No other significant employment commitments.
- Preferred: Retail, hospitality, and food-related experience. ServSafe certification.
The Food Co-Op is seeking student interns to help out with the market. Co-Op internships are an excellent way to gain relevant experience, give back to the community, and earn community service hours.
As an intern with the co-op, you would be expected to serve at least 8 hours per week.
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.