Thank you to all of our members, supporters, vendors and volunteers. The Food Co-op is taking a strategic pause from retail operations in order to gain 501(c)3 status, to fund raise and raise capital, and developing business and marketing plans. Our lease ends at 701 Philadelphia St on 10/31.
With that being said, members currently get 30% off all items and fixtures. Thank you for your support and please follow us on Facebook for news about upcoming events and fundraisers!
The Food Co-Op of Indiana PA is an outlet for locally-grown food in the heart of downtown Indiana. Everyone can shop at the co-op, and our members get a discount.
Stop in and see our newly-opened market at 701 Philadelphia St.! We offer local fruit, vegetables, artisan wares, sustainable products, and more for sale to the public.
The Food Co-Op includes a group of members and volunteers dedicated to bringing a community-owned, locally-stocked venue for local foods and products to downtown Indiana, PA. In operating a food co-op, our goals are to:
- Enhance access to local, sustainable, and bulk food and other goods for Indiana area visitors and residents
- Address downtown Indiana’s “food desert” by creating an outlet for local food
- Invest in our local economy by supporting local and regional food producers/growers
- Create a mixed-use space for food education, meetings, and community empowerment
- Bring more visitors to downtown Indiana by offering goods not easily accessible elsewhere
Our motto is to develop an economically viable yet socially conscious food co-op emphasizing 3Ps: people, planet, and purpose.