Tickets Still Available for our Dinner Fundraiser
We hosting an elegant five-course dinner fundraiser to raise money and support our cooperative. There are a limited number of tickets available, and tickets must be purchased by Wednesday, January 16. Tickets are $35 for members and $45 for non-members, and can be purchased from any board member or Jacque Benhart (724-422-0519) or at the office of Downtown Indiana or Spaghetti Benders.
Our locally-prepared five-course meal will include . . .
- Pasta Carbonara
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Beet and Goat Cheese Napoleon
- Chicken Chasseur, White Corn Polenta, and Green Beans
- Spiced Panna Cotta with Strawberry and Basil Sauce
On the evening of Friday, January 18, 2019 at 1200 Oakland Avenue our event will feature . . .
- Six o’clock: social hour featuring poured beverages, lamb bites from Burnhead Grazings, art show courtesy Colleen Wakefield, and music from Grist for the Mill
- Six thirty: the first appetizer course is served
- After dinner: live entertainment to continue as the silent auction concludes
Some of our local ingredients will include . . .
- Onions and garlic from The Plant-It Earth Greenhouse And Gardens
- Eggs and lamb from Burnhead Grazings
- Dairy products from Vale Wood Farms
- Milled product from Leap’s Farm
Many thanks to the St. Thomas More University Parish for hosting us for the evening. We hope you can join us and see what our local ingredients and vendors have to offer.
The Food Co-Op includes a group of members and volunteers dedicated to bringing a community-owned, locally-stocked venue for local foods and products to downtown Indiana, PA. In operating a food co-op, our goals are to:
- Enhance access to local, sustainable, and bulk food and other goods for Indiana area visitors and residents
- Address downtown Indiana’s “food desert” by creating an outlet for local food
- Invest in our local economy by supporting local and regional food producers/growers
- Create a mixed-use space for food education, meetings, and community empowerment
- Bring more visitors to downtown Indiana by offering goods not easily accessible elsewhere
Our motto is to develop an economically viable yet socially conscious food co-op emphasizing 3Ps: people, planet, and purpose.