The Food Co-Op includes a group of members and volunteers dedicated to bringing a community-owned, locally-stocked venue for local foods and products to Indiana, PA. Our mission is to promote access to healthy, affordable local food through farmer-centered initiatives and community education, while contributing to the regional economy.
In operating a food co-op, our goals are to:
- Enhance access to local, sustainable, and bulk food and other goods for Indiana area visitors and residents
- Address downtown Indiana’s “food desert” by creating an outlet for local food
- Invest in our local economy by supporting local and regional food producers/growers
- Create a mixed-use space for food education, meetings, and community empowerment
- Bring more visitors to downtown Indiana by offering goods not easily accessible elsewhere
Our motto is to develop an economically viable yet socially conscious food co-op emphasizing 3Ps: people, planet, and purpose.