The Food Co-Op includes a group of members and volunteers dedicated to bringing a community-owned, locally-stocked venue for local foods and products to Indiana, PA. Our mission is to promote access to healthy, affordable local food through farmer-centered initiatives and community education, while contributing to the regional economy.
In operating a food co-op, our goals are to:
- Enhance access to local, sustainable, and bulk food and other goods for Indiana area visitors and residents
- Address downtown Indiana’s “food desert” by creating an outlet for local food
- Invest in our local economy by supporting local and regional food producers/growers
- Create a mixed-use space for food education, meetings, and community empowerment
- Bring more visitors to downtown Indiana by offering goods not easily accessible elsewhere
Our motto is to develop an economically viable yet socially conscious food co-op emphasizing 3Ps: people, planet, and purpose.
Consider shopping at the market, getting involved, becoming a member, or attending one of our upcoming events.
4 thoughts on “Home”
I am interested in being considered for a leadership and service position.
Hi J, we just opened and we’re looking for people like you. If you’re still interested, we’ll be in touch soon. Thanks!
Sounds great your endeavor, but please tell all of us where are you going to be located I can not find an addtess any where I look.
Sorry about that, we just opened last week and we’re at 701 Philadelphia St. in Indiana. Our location and hours are on our Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/indianapafoodcoop) and we’ll get our website updated soon. We’re open five days a week, closed Mondays and Tuesdays. Hope you can come see us!