The Food Co-Op of Indiana PA exists to enhance opportunities for marketing local farm-fresh and organic foods and products.
Goals for the 2016 – 2017 year include:
- Election of new officers: co-chairpersons, secretary, and treasurer
- Establishing or promoting a food buying club or small-scale market where local vendors can sell locally-grown food
- Identifying small-scale goals that lead to the development of a larger co-op organization committed to increasing access to local foods for residents of the region
- Supporting the Indiana Farmers’ Market
- Finalizing documents including a website and 501(c)3 status
- Re-establishing committees – Membership and Public Relations, Planning, and Fundraising — that serve to delegate duties that will result in the growth of the organization
- Identifying potential grants and submitting grant applications
- Issuing a regular newsletter
- Engaging in activities that support local agriculture and related businesses and organizations.
- Abiding by International Cooperative Alliance principles including democratic member control, education and training, and concern for the community
- Abiding by all principles and guidelines as outlined by the Core Values, Ethical Agreement, and Rights and Responsibilities document of the Food Co-Op of Indiana PA